The Omnipure L5520 is an Inline Filter with a carbon block in the inside.
Model Number Breakdown L 55 20
L ► Filter Series
55 ► Size, 2.5” by 10”
20 ► Media Code, 1 Micron Carbon Block (Twist & Pull Technology - No tools or skills required)
The part number on each filter represents the filter series model (first letter); the length and diameter (first two numbers); and filtration media (last two numbers).
What are the Omnipure L5520 applications?
- Ideal for use in drinking fountains as well as under the counter systems.
- Fits L-Series Valved heads
- With a stanley knife this filter is modified to fit heads in H2Only, Water Logic, Plenty River Plumbing, S& J Plumbing, and Aquila Water Filters.
To make the modification, just take your current filter out and compare the head with the one in the Omnipure L5520. Your current filter has an extra hole. Mark with a pen where you want the hole in the new filter and gently pierce with a knife that part. Doing this will save you money.
- The Omnipure L5520 has the same filtration efficiency and removal rates as the brands mentioned before.
- If installed under the sink, this filter needs a dedicated drinking faucet to filter water at 1.9 LPM.
What's the Omnipure L5520 Filtration Media?
- When water passes through the 1 Micron Carbon Block Cartridge, water is forced through the small pores of the Coconut Shell Activated Carbon Block Cartridge, where mechanical filtration and physical/ chemical adsorption reduce chlorine, taste and odour, sediments, and a wide range of contaminants of concern including VOCs.
How often should I replace the filter?
- The Omnipure L5520 should be replaced every year or after 9,463 litres of usage.
- *As tested and verified by manufacturer’s laboratory
- *Replacement Frequency also depends on water quality and usage.
- *Carbon filters are recommended to be replaced every year.
- Note the arrow in the filter which indicates the flow direction
- Flush the filter with 5 gallons of water before use
- Replace the filter when filter reaches its capacity